Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Weekly Topic: Please add to it.. This one focuses on offers incoming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

domain newbie

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
i could only add to research whois of domain where email comes from

and also add this domain in aboutus.org (sometimes there is an answer- as it comes with "related sites" links)

tonyfloyd

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Good tips Guys!...thanks......but what do u do when it's a SEDO offer?....All this goes out the window.....right?....no way of playing this game with a SEDO offer.....you have no idea if Disney...Google...or some other large MONSTER corp is sitting on the other side of that bid on SEDO......yes...u can counter-offer...but.....if it was Disney and they offer $200...and you counter with $1000 (they say yes----pocket change for them)....u later notice it was Disney (on whois)...and realize u just got screwed out of a few more zeros at the end of $1000......how do u handle something like this?.....counter offer with $250,000 if u think it's a great quality...one word brandable name?.....this is what i have just done.....got an offer for $100 EUR on a one-word.com brand-able name.......not wanting to let it go too cheaply.....i counter-offered some crazy high number....knowing i might not hear back...but also knowing i aint wanting to sell it for $1000 either.....any thoughts?

thanks
tony

any thoughts/feedback on how u would handle this?

Stian

www.bitweb.no
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I like to have all communication done by e-mail/IM. I do not like to do business in this industry over the phone. I want a written record of what was communicated in case things go sideways. If there is a phone call, I would not let that be the final conversation, follow up with an e-mail detailing any important parts of the phone call. It's not just about fraud, there is to much chance for confusion in a transaction. Seen to many arguements here over what was communicated.

If an offer is totally unsolicited from an unknown party, I ask them to make their first offer also their final offer. I may say that I will only reply if the offer is accepted. Doesn't mean this is always the case, but if I'm looking for thousands and they are offering hundreds as their "final offer", I won't reply.

After you make an agreement over the phone, send the buyer the same agreement to his e-mail and make him acknowledge it. Eventually ask him to sign it and fax/e-mail it back. Or as some other people say; make the buyer submit his/her offer through Sedo, that way he/she will be legally bound to Sedo's terms and conditions.

any thoughts/feedback on how u would handle this?

If you have a good relationship with Sedo, you could try to call Sedo and ask them about the person making the offer. They will most likely not give out his/her details, but they might verify if it's a legit bidder or not, which will help you a little on the way of determining who the bidder is. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators