Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

What is the best deal you have ever gotten on any domain, like a total steal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GenericTypo

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have one site that I bought here (my first big purchase) for $1200.00 it made that back in adsence in 45 days. It has since been dropped by google (I didnt change anything) but still pulls in $150.00 per month all profit

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I really love you guys and all these stories too!, thats why I had to start this thread, I can't believe one didnt exist before now...we are all BIG dreamers and sometimes BIG dreams do come true, you just have to dream hard enough! (and buy the right domains!) Of course you always will have some nightmares mixed in there too!
And remember, sh*t happens, you can't win on every deal...if you lost money on something just try to cut those losses to a minimum and just press on with business and "charge it to the game", the next good deal with help you forget about it.
Shall we continue on?..this is gonna be a record thread in record time if it keeps going! yoohoooooooooo!

:eek:k:

Chris

diverge

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
$6.95 hand reg -> $2,100 sale within 12 months is my best gain so far.
$225 -> $575 within 24 hours is my quickest gain of consequence so far.
Had another domain (tobaccotogo.com) for sale for $40 in a thread here, when I got a NSI certified offer which translated into a $750 sale. That's probably my closest near miss.

Biggest loss (someone else's success story -- but I'll tell on myself before they get a chance) was chubby.org last December. Sold it for a mere $25 or something in a big domain sale, and the buyer turned around and sold it right here on DNF for $400+. Misjudged that one, I guess.

NickRac

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
back when 3 letter .NETs were seling at $30 a piece is when I first got into the game...they quickly went up in value and someone on these forums didn't realize...

At the time of this post 3 letter .NETs were selling at $120 each easily...they posted 6 domains for sale at $50 a piece. I grabbed them within 2 minutes of the post (any slower and I would have missed out) and resold them ALL for $120 each in the next 15 minutes...my sale thread was right on top of the sale thread for the other domains

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
wow, nice nice grab dude....reminds me of some of my flips...I got a 3 letter .net name not to long ago, FMJ.net right here on DNF for $400 and turned right around and got $800 for it on ebay the same week...This was all compliments of Radistar who always has great deals on these kinds of domains (free promo plug rad, i owe ya anyways!) ohh yeah and "NSI" is "Network Solutions Inc" Certified Domain Offer I believe...where if you search the whois for a domain you want there or try to reg it they give you an option to make a pre funded/verified offer you have to pay for..those dumb rich big business owners wasting their money like usual when they could have just emailed the owner themselves! lol (see prev page post about NSI)

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Damn you Mocus :-D Damn you.
Just kidding dude, if you're happy I'm happy.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
nitronet said:
In August of 2004, I got a domain that was a drop in auction for about $900.00. So far in 1 year it has earned $181,000.00 in PPC revenue and is still going strong. Just a lucky day I guess...

Really? That is the most amazing sale I ever heard about by far!

It must be one of the most valuable domains in the world! What was the name anyway?

Domainut

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Grabbed a domain with a godaddy backorder for under $20 still have it.

Earned about $120k so far in 10 months.

BLazeD

Selling
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yeah, these stories of $100K+ per year domains are simply amazing

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I will give you my left kidney for it..no kidding..if you ever needed one.. :)

Chris

irongloves

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I've seen you usually sell domains at high prices, but where? here on the forum or on other websites.

Where do you make the biggest sales?

Thanks for the help for the newbie.

Bye,
Iron

DNjet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Irongloves, all you need is the great domain, and you wont have to worry about where to sell it.

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Mocus said:
I will give you my left kidney for it..no kidding..if you ever needed one.. :)

Geesh isn't that a bit extreme, I won't give my kidney for any domain, period. There is no better wealth than your health.

financialtraffic

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
mole said:
Geesh isn't that a bit extreme, I won't give my kidney for any domain, period. There is no better wealth than your health.

Woa, what happend to Mocus? "Account terminated" ??

Wonder what he did?

J2theIZZO

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
No amazing high priced sales for me, but some damn fast ones, I think the record was $8.88 -> $250 in less than 10 mins, made me smile at the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom