Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

What the hell I am fully fed up!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

slaich2000

Level 3
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Don't worry I will improve better and better.

Domain summit 2024

MichaelJ137

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Lets keep it real here, you are trying to sell "3ddomains.net" and you are blaming your father for this?

You need to have a very very long hard look at yourself.

niceeeee....... I feel the same way about myself sometimes, after recently going noob crazy and hand regging about 60 domains last month which everyone is telling me most arent worth s%$t, I myself took a nice long look in the mirror this morning. Take his advice, it works. Now Im trying to read more and learn more, especially on here.

---------- Post added at 11:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:34 AM ----------

Side note: I still feel like I have some decent domains and didnt TOTALLY fail, I do believe in myself, just not estibot appraisal anymore. LMFAO.

wilfra

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If I got into this industry for the fast money (which I never would have) I'd probably be fed up too. Domains are highly illiquid assets unless you are flipping domains that domainers like for a quick and small profit. To me this business is a lot like collecting works of art - you buy and buy and buy and hold and hold and hold and occasionally make a nice sale that reaffirms your belief in your overall investment and eventually gives you a net profit on the whole thing - I haven't done this last part yet but I don't try and sell many names either. If I tried I'm sure that I could (turn an overall profit).

If you want a quick buck, get a job, don't invest in domains.

Or as most of the predators in this thread are probably going to tell you 'keep on trucking, it gets easier, by the way, have a look at some of the names I'm selling'

dcristo

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Here's one suggestion: Concentrate on a niche you know well, think of a hobby or your job. You know the keywords that insiders look for and it will be eaiser for youto come up with original content.

Really good advice. Research niches you know intimately. Think about it. You need any edge you can take in this industry. It was this advice that got me my only 4 figure domain sale.

Give up now before you lose any more money
Most people lose money on domains

You are kidding, right? Definitely don't listen to this!

allroundguy

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If you're trying to sell domains to resellers on a domain forum, there are crappy domains. Registering domains with no clear buyer in mind is business suicide; if you're going to reg a name, you need to know that there are multiple potential buyers that are easily identifiable and contactable.

The examples you use, godaddy, dogpile, tucows etc were crappy domains and still are - it's the website that's valuable. The domain added nothing to the success of those businesses - nothing.

You could literally register tens of thousands of such names and never sell one of them. Looking at it another way, an end user could register a similarly crappy name for reg fee and build out a fantastic business with a novel idea and a good plan - they can use any domain they like. If that business was successful it would owe nothing to that crappy domain.

Okay, this is not between us two.
But I wrote " ... Any domain can be used for anything! ..." and "It doesn't matter what a domain has been used for previously. It is not the shop but current product, presentation & Price."
So, yes, the domain means nothing by itself - IF it is about revenue.
The domain is essential, IF it is about brand.
And, many businesses are based upon the supposition that there are enough potential buyers willing to pay the price.
The ciphers from "market research" are just tools, often manipulated for one reason or another.
There are no crappy domains.
It is all between the ears.
Anyway, business is for a greater part a matter of guessing and hope.
No offense, but I have the impression You speak out rather as an appraisal seller, than a domain trader.
I quit here.
;)

jasdon11

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Okay, this is not between us two.
But I wrote " ... Any domain can be used for anything! ..." and "It doesn't matter what a domain has been used for previously. It is not the shop but current product, presentation & Price."
So, yes, the domain means nothing by itself - IF it is about revenue.
The domain is essential, IF it is about brand.
And, many businesses are based upon the supposition that there are enough potential buyers willing to pay the price.
The ciphers from "market research" are just tools, often manipulated for one reason or another.
There are no crappy domains.
It is all between the ears.

Of course there are crap domains - about 30 thousand of them drop every day.

Branding makes a business - you can brand a crap domain - but the value is in the brand which is linked to the product, which is transferrable to a different domain. It happens all the time. Most domains are crap, hence, most domains that people register to sell, never get sold.

Anyway, business is for a greater part a matter of guessing and hope.
No offense, but I have the impression You speak out rather as an appraisal seller, than a domain trader.

Well that shows the depth of your wisdom then. No offense.

I quit here.
;)

Probably best.

Soofi

First Come First Serve .iN & .ORG Backorders
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hope, wonderful post! :bow:

Slaich, not easy being a domainer really!! And it doesnt work like your 8-5 job. You have to spend sleepless nights and tiresome days reading those knowledgeable posts form domaining industry experts around plus tutorial on having quality domains which are actually resell worth (as you've mentioned, posting them in forums only for sale).

Starting back in the year 2000 with my first domain name registration I didnt know what I was doing, which I then dropped the very next year in 2001. But something or the other, actually my interest in computers & web world got me back into game in the year 2006 when I hand registered my second domain name loudbeats.com & .net (which I still own & have never tried selling it) is a full fledged company website and a brandname. I have been netting at around $50k+ a year ever since I started full time domaining in december 2007 from NP & moving onto here, spending 20 hours at the minimum every day/night online learning the tricks and triggers of the domaining industry and how to be good by staying in the limits!!

I have these massive black bags under my eyes, huge dark circles cuz of sleepless nights but hey that doesnt scare me away of working hard in this industry cuz you know what, fruitful returns are the charm of this game and that too when your sitting in India and earning in united states currency, but again you have to put some (when I say some, not just little effort but I meant to say ALOT of effective effort) effort into it so that you can achieve something.

Ask fellow community members, seek mentors.. everyone's around and ready to help if your all ears & up for learning. Sort it out, good luck bud!

marcorandazza

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Better you should give up on the space than become frustrated and desperate. The worst domain buy I ever saw was the purchase of SEX.TV by a wonderful Irish gentleman who lost so much money it virtually ruined him. He was serially snookered by the .TV domain people and the adult industry, and all because he heard how much money had been made on SEX.COM. But he didn't know how to investigate, how to research, how to understand the market he was trying to penetrate. You wouldn't try to sell shoes if you didn't know the difference between Doc Martens and Jimmy Choo, if you couldn't tell a loafer from a lace-up, so take some time to learn your chosen field. Study the successful plays, focus on your target markets, and before you buy it, ask yourself "Why would anyone buy this domain?"

heh heh ... you said "penetrate" heh heh

jasdon11

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Okay, go on with Your beliefs to the end.
I hope people take a look at their economy courses before believing You.
And You're right: Best for You if I quit here.
:)

Then prove me wrong - tell us why this domain isn't crap;

zer0blivion.com

picked from the first page from Godaddy's closeouts. I can think of several reasons why it is.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Then prove me wrong - tell us why this domain isn't crap;

zer0blivion.com

picked from the first page from Godaddy's closeouts. I can think of several reasons why it is.
Of course it is crap because it is not even brandable. You can brand a mediocre domain but there are limits ;)

jasdon11

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
But allroundguy wants us to believe there are no crap domains....

slaich2000

Level 3
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Domain can be made very useful even from the crap. I have gained lot of knowledge in 2 weeks. Domain industry is really interesting. Flipping domain takes some patience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators