Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

closed What websites do you use for automatic appraisal? Which ones do you trust?

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pav

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Cool! DCG, what was that $80K domain name? Can you (other experienced members here for that matter) give me some awesome examples like that? i.e. name and price.. you may PM me if you would prefer that..

Also I would like to get your opinions on these domain names:

Job.fr (Job.at has sold for $590,949)
Mortage.cc (Mortage.com sold for $242,400)
Greeting.cc (Greeting.com sold for $350,000)
Settlement.ws (Settlement.com sold for $200,000)
MegaYachts.in & MegaYacht.in (MegaYacht.com sold for $150,000)

Most of the above have lots of exact searches and very high CPC...

Plus
GreatDomainFinder.com
FinderDomain.com

If interested in any of the above names - please PM me with your best offers. Thank you! As always - appreciate your time!

pav

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
yes, they still use word job in france, there are some websites with "job" in it...
.cc is Cocos Islands.. but it's a common TLD like .tv (Tuvalu) or .ws (Samoa)

pav

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If it's only for targeting those 596 people, they must be pretty rich :)
some relevant sales - beauty.cc ($1,000,000), it.cc ($15,000), live.cc ($10,000)

Word search statistics:
mortage has 8,100 exact searches monthly & 165,000 broad searches and ~$10 CPC for many related searches like [reverse mortgage] or [mortage loans]
greeting - 22,000 exact / 2,240,000 broad

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If interested in any of the above names - please PM me with your best offers. Thank you! As always - appreciate your time!
Seriously, why is this thread still open?

You ask a question, and get an answer.

Now you post a whole list of domains and want appraisals for all of them?

Here's the bad news...

the .cc and .ws market is practically non-existent, no demand, and absolutely positively no comparison to .com or any other gTLD's.

That's perhaps a bitter pill for you to swallow along with the fact that your PM box will not be overflowing with offers on those names.

Trying to validate your own opinion based on total number of searches is a serious waste of time.

Spend some time reading old threads and you may learn something.

And take for granted that if someone does not respond to your appraisal inquiry it is perhaps worthless or not worth anyone's time to respond.

pav

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Dominator: That sales happened ages ago - http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0EIN/is_2000_June_13/ai_62704281/ Looks like it's been re-registered.

Doc Com: Of course it's not the same as .com... However those are all highly searchable single word domains.
If you don't want to give an appraisal - that is your right.. so maybe follow your own advice and "do not respond to my appraisal enquiry" (especially for everyone else). Is it wrong for me to ask questions? Don't think so.. that's how I learn..
Give me the names of your top 3-5 sold domains if you dare and I will analyse them.. everyone (including you) may learn something from the experience. If you disagree - don't bother to answer, save everyone's time and energy :)

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Job.fr (Job.at has sold for $590,949)

=> Problem: you don't own job.fr, it's a reserved domain name

As for the rest..

Mortage.cc (Mortage.com sold for $242,400)
Greeting.cc (Greeting.com sold for $350,000)
Settlement.ws (Settlement.com sold for $200,000)
MegaYachts.in & MegaYacht.in (MegaYacht.com sold for $150,000)

.cc & .ws are vanity extensions, there is virtually local market for these extensions.
Some of the sales you're quoting never took place. Don't believe everything you read. Moreover, a series of sales do not equate to a market.
In general, just because a name sells well in a given extension, does not mean the same feat can be repeated in another extension, and many sales are one of a kind...
The .cc & .ws equivalent are not even worth 0.0001% of the .com.

Of course you can develop junk extensions in a poor extension, it's just that they have no resale value as-is.
Honestly, nobody wants to develop a serious business on a junk extension. End users will buy quality domains, not the type of domains that can be had for regfee.

pav

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Good point, Katherine. Found a letter from GoDaddy clarifying the situation, where they said they couldn't register the name..
It was a bulk register, so mistake was made and not spotted till recently. My apologies :)

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Give it a rest and learn. If you feel that all your domains have such great intrinsic value, then asking for other opinions is a mute point.

---------- Post added at 02:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:54 PM ----------

If you don't want to give an appraisal - that is your right...
I gave you an appraisal.

Zilch plus zilch equals double zilch.

If those were your top sales, then we would have something to compare and analyze.

Skinny

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hey Pav,

In answer to your first question: I don't trust any automated appraisal system. These are never accurate and shouldn't be trusted.

Remember your domain is worth whatever someone wants to pay for it.

Secondly, for the domains you mentioned I don't see much value in them.

I would recommend that you focus on .com and most importantly that you begin reading the basics of domaining, etc.

Many domainers jump in and lose a lot of money that way. Start slowly and read, read, and read some more.

I think many members here (who are more experienced than myself) have given you good advice. It's up to you what you want to do with it.

Skinny

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators