Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

worthless domains on Auction ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fxdogg

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Cant anyone put up a name of any value ?
I cant believe how many shitty names are for sale.

why the **** would anyone buy a name for 20$ or 10$ or even $75 that is really worthless in hopes or reselling it one day ??
That all chicken shit.
Come one folks lets play with REAL money
put up a name thats worth $10k, $25k, 50k or over $100k. We got CASH if you got quality domain names.

Upvote 0

Sharpy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by fxdogg

why the **** would anyone buy a name for 20$ or 10$ or even $75 that is really worthless in hopes or reselling it one day ??
That all chicken shit.
put up a name thats worth $10k, $25k, 50k or over $100k. We got CASH if you got quality domain names.

What fxdogg wanted to say:

Names of Lesser Worth on Auction?

Would it be possible for fellow members to offer names of higher value at future auctions? I am astonished that the names offered for sale so far, in my opinion, are of such little value.

I find it interesting that my fellow DNF members would purchase domain names at such low prices in the hopes of turning a profit on these same names at a later date.

That's just fiddle sticks!

Please friends, if you have names that are valued in the tens of thousands of dollars range, I emplore you to PLEASE offer them for auction. I can assure you that we have the financial means to bid on and ultimately purchase them.

Thanking you for your time and consideration,

Sincerly,

Mr. FX Dogg, esq.

jingle

Level 3
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
The auction is fairly new so I think it can be expected to go thru improvements and refinements. .. I think the present format can be improved by allowing the auction to run for a week, and have the auction run for 5 minutes past the last bid. It runs once a week anyway, and during that time people can see and think about the domains, but to bid on a domain they have to show up at a certain time. A week long auction would solve 2 problems.
#1. It would make it more convenient for buyers to place a bid. If a buyer can bid anytime during the week, it will allow more buyers to participate, so that should mean more bids.
#2. A seller will see that their domain has had plenty of time to attract a bid. Right now, if a seller doesn't receive what they think is a fair bid, they might not be sure if it's their domain, or if it's the auction format. If a seller sees their domain was given lots of opportunity to attract a bid, maybe they will realize they need to try a more valuable domain next time.

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by jingle
A week long auction would solve 2 problems.
#1. It would make it more convenient for buyers to place a bid. If a buyer can bid anytime during the week, it will allow more buyers to participate, so that should mean more bids.

I think that would totally take away the "spirit" of the current auction.
You can already put domains on auction/offer for a set period on a posting if you want to do it that way.

jingle

Level 3
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
true, but a post can "get buried". a link to the auction on the front page would solve that problem... or maybe try a "cheap version" of the idea, by having a moderator keep the post on the front page... i don't know, just brainstorming a bit. it's late. got to hit the sack :)

stevo

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
How about a week long auction of names which have been deemed by the mods as worthy of a "premiere" listing. A set number (say 20) would be listed for the entire week and would allow the seller to set a reasonable minimum (reserve price). Moderators could deny names which are overpriced.
Just a thought.

I don't wish to add to the moderators workload. I am very pleased with the auctions as they are evolving. Plenty of thought and effort. This auction (sadly) is the highlight of my week:D

QuantumBeam

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I believe the auction is fine the way it is. Once the day & time is set for the same time every week I think more members will become use to the scheduled auction. Let's remember who made this all possible folks, it should be up to that person as to make the final decision based on his schedule, decisions & replies. :yes:

CoolHost.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by DomainProfiles
I believe the auction is fine the way it is. Once the day & time is set for the same time every week I think more members will become use to the scheduled auction. Let's remember who made this all possible folks, it should be up to that person as to make the final decision based on his schedule, decisions & replies. :yes:

Exactly! I knew I had this foul-mouthed "fxdogg" on Ignore prior to THIS post for a reason. If you guys didn't 'quote him, it'd be even sweeter for me. LOL.
I, too, look forward to the time when BOTH the regular auctions AND the DNF$ auctions ... "Once the day & time is set for the same time every week I think more members will become use to the scheduled auction." I trust that is being determined as we speak ... and I thank that person, those persons for their efforts! BOTH auctions are winners ... and will be even better over time.
Good Luck.

Ed30

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The time of the auction shouldn't be set in stone for every week - it needs to be flexible to make it fairer for people from different continents - there has to be a certain amount of give and take - anyway it'll keep you on your toes coolhost:D.

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Ed30
The time of the auction shouldn't be set in stone for every week - it needs to be flexible to make it fairer for people from different continents - there has to be a certain amount of give and take - anyway it'll keep you on your toes coolhost:D.

Absolutely true - need to be fair to all and give all the opportunity to participate - why should those in Europe be required to always be awake at 1-3am for every auction!

My contribution to the auction was quite significant this week, but it wouldn't have been if it had been held at 1am GMT!

TurNIC.com

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by fxdogg

That all chicken shit.

Ok, so write down your offer here for DCF.com? Let me see your financial ability?

SirAlexFerguson.com

jingle

Level 3
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
or maybe keep the auction the same but allow bidders to place a proxy bid during the week. That would allow more peope to bid without destroying the present format . Maybe it could be done manually. All domains with proxy bids could be moved to the front of the line, and a moderator would enter the bid for the bidder, as if the bidder was present..

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by jingle

Your sig:

"Over 300 crappy domains sold!
Get your crappy domain at
DangerousDomains.com"

Now that's a "jingle".

:laugh: :laugh:

jingle

Level 3
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Now that's a "jingle".
What can i say? .. i believe in truth in advertising. :)

NamePopper.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by gregr

Where are your 2 names? Set an example for the membership.

I agree. Please put up your own quality names for sale - and set an example for everybody.

OR.... maybe you just prefer to go around the forum using vulgar language in your posts - since the last few responses from you sound like we should be on dock somewhere - when the sailors come in after 6 months at sea.

CoolHost.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by NamePopper.com
I agree. Please put up your own quality names for sale - and set an example for everybody.

OR.... maybe you just prefer to go around the forum using vulgar language in your posts - since the last few responses from you sound like we should be on dock somewhere - when the sailors come in after 6 months at sea.

Agree!!
To the foul-mouthed thread starter here ... I, too, anxiously await the two 'premium selections you will have forthcoming in the next "Live Auction" (whether it be for Paypal monies, or DNF Bucks)! I can't read your messages (posts) here, but I don't think the "Ignore feature" is applicable in the auctions ... like I said, I can't wait to see 'em, and possibly even bid on them!

To Namepopper, I would humbly advise that you not volunteer to pick up the soap bar ... under such a 'scenario. :eek:
Good Luck.

NamePopper.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hopefully Cool - he will surprise us with a couple of amazing names! Greg already told me that he is even willing to trade one of the Lexus's - if 'fxdogg' comes thru with some real champs! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom