• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

closed Al Gore Wants My Domains ClimateProject.com

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah I was thinking about that.. I am developing a landing page for people to click through to it, it will also have links to other projects and information sites across the globe.

And for the synical amongst you, no I will not put up adsense or adverts.

If the public get used to using the .com to get to Als page and then you point it elsewhere............then what ?

Cool name by the way. Good luck with it.

Have created the landing pages, perhaps you will learn something :-)
 
Rather than sell the land, he did something clever and far-thinking. He gave them the land for free in return for the rights to run the parking lot. Now he and his family will make huge cash flow selling parking spaces, food etc at the ball games.

Very nice, good example of a win-win. Instead of taking a lump sum, the guy gets a solid business around the land he owned, and gets to be involved in sports!

by the way, do you remember why you bought/regged these names in the first place? Was it just because they had potential or sounded good?
 
Have created the landing pages, perhaps you will learn something :-)
Um, I hate to be an editor, but a few quick suggestions (on the ClimateProject.com page):

1. Change the first two "your" to "you're" (but leave the third one as "your").

2. Put a period or (preferably) an exclamation point after "today".

3. Add an n to change "Enviroment" to "Environment" in your second link.

Other than that, good work! :-)
 
lol. feel like I am back at school..

Thanks, updated.
 
You could use a comma after the word 'solution' to set off the introductory elements. :) Nice site by the way!
 
My opinion:

You taken the BEST decision for ClimateProject.com
You have probably sold a lot of names and will continue.
Sell this one NOW should not change dramatically your life level.
Probably the money you may get of the sale today will not be outstanding.
Even if global warming is a hot theme, today the popularity of the climate project is low, but it has very strong potential for many reasons.
Due to the nature of their site the org version for the moment fit very well.
Also, this let you the time to better think about the possible use of this domain.
By experience, when a buyer is VERY motivated, more you say you don't sell and more you wait, higher offer you receive later.
As the notoriety of the project will raise they will also NEED to own the dot com.
When it will be the best time: Sell the domain or offer it, but in both cases the return you should get (money or ego) will be really higher.
And during this waitting time you can build a very interesting site talking about this subject, and you started...

...
 
Francois, thank you and I know you are right.

Perhaps one day it will get on to your coveted premium domain list. ;-)
 
The guy is a joke, the inventor of the internet, come on now...

Actually, it's common knowledge that "Al Gore invented the internet", and paraphrases to that, were falsely attributed to him.

Al Gore claimed to have help push the legislation through to fund the Internet, which is correct and is what was misquoted.

I would provide a link attesting to the above, but there are so many to chose from.

Very nice domain names namestrand!
 
Actually, it's common knowledge that "Al Gore invented the internet", and paraphrases to that, were falsely attributed to him.

Al Gore claimed to have help push the legislation through to fund the Internet, which is correct and is what was misquoted.

I would provide a link attesting to the above, but there are so many to chose from.

Very nice domain names namestrand!

I knew there had to be one Al Gore lover in here. Classic... LOL. Al Gore had nothing and I repeat nothing to do with the growth, discovery, success, or the idea of the internet just like he has nothing to to with educating people on the climate. He made a movie, big deal, so now it's his? He funded an internet study so now he's Mr. iNet? I suppose he funded all the research for gloabal warming too? C'mon he made a movie, that's all people. LOL. As I said in the previous post Al Gore is nothing more than a celebrity politician trying capitalize on the works of others. My intention of the previous post was to help NameStrand make a decision about his domain names and not to get into a political debate with some fanactical Gore lover. You love him, good for you. I was on topic!

Cheers,

Acro
 
I knew there had to be one Al Gore lover in here. Classic... LOL. Al Gore had nothing and I repeat nothing to do with the growth, discovery, success, or the idea of the internet just like he has nothing to to with educating people on the climate. He made a movie, big deal, so now it's his? He funded an internet study so now he's Mr. iNet? I suppose he funded all the research for gloabal warming too? C'mon he made a movie, that's all people. LOL. As I said in the previous post Al Gore is nothing more than a celebrity politician trying capitalize on the works of others. My intention of the previous post was to help NameStrand make a decision about his domain names and not to get into a political debate with some fanactical Gore lover. You love him, good for you. I was on topic!

Cheers,

Acro

I think I'm in love....:kiss:
 
:hug: love is so wonderful
 
Namestrands
Hold on to the name regardless. I recently recieved a more than high offer than I expected for climateinvestor.com - I refused.

You have a gem. Stay put.
 
I don't think you will find many potential buyers with deeper pockets than Mr. Gore.

True that. But Namestrands knows what he is doing. Once he has heavy traffic conditioned to go to his extension, he will be in the drivers seat and the number of potential buyers will open up substantially.

I do think there could be some future liability from arbitrarily forwarding the traffic. You may find that a court would require you to do it in the future. Can't remember what the law is called but it's like if you let people use your backyard as a shortcut for several years, you can't suddenly charge them or stop them from using it as a short cut. At least in the US.
 
Duck.. traffic is no longer forwarding, its a developed site now :-).
 
namestrands, that's a great name you have there and I wish you the very best with it!

Please excuse me for getting off topic with this but I just had to chime in as another Al Gore supporter. Mr. None is correct with his Al Gore/internet comment and as everybody knows (most everybody that is) Al Gore has everything to do with educating people on the global warming issue. He should be admired for standing up against the Bush admin. on this issue as well as on the Iraq fiasco. Let's not forget that Mr. Gore lost the 2000 election to Bush by only one electoral vote while winning the popular vote by over 500,000. He obviously has more supporters so it seems to me the Gore bashers are in the minority. I resent being called a "fanactical Gore lover" as acronym007 has labeled us Gore supporters.

I knew there had to be one Al Gore lover in here. Classic... LOL. Al Gore had nothing and I repeat nothing to do with the growth, discovery, success, or the idea of the internet just like he has nothing to to with educating people on the climate. He made a movie, big deal, so now it's his? He funded an internet study so now he's Mr. iNet? I suppose he funded all the research for gloabal warming too? C'mon he made a movie, that's all people. LOL. As I said in the previous post Al Gore is nothing more than a celebrity politician trying capitalize on the works of others. My intention of the previous post was to help NameStrand make a decision about his domain names and not to get into a political debate with some fanactical Gore lover. You love him, good for you. I was on topic!

Cheers,

Acro
 
Did someone call you a fanactical Gore lover? I labeled no one except for the people that get off topic because they let their emotions cloud their comments. This is about domains not Gore? You people love Gore so much you forget what the smack we are talking about in here. And once again the Gorester has NOTHING to to do with educating me on the climate I knew more about the climate before he started talking, listening to Gore makes me dumber. If it makes you feel better hug a tree and and sing we all love Gore. Now can you get back to domains or do you still need a hug?

PS. I'm not Bush supporter by bashing Gore nor Vice Versa, if Bush makes a video about the climate I would say the same things so it's not a Bush Vs. Gore thing. I'm anti-political celeb equally.
 
Hmmm...I wonder if Al is reading this forum. Now THAT would be interesting!
 
Did someone call you a fanactical Gore lover? I labeled no one except for the people that get off topic because they let their emotions cloud their comments. This is about domains not Gore? You people love Gore so much you forget what the smack we are talking about in here. And once again the Gorester has NOTHING to to do with educating me on the climate I knew more about the climate before he started talking, listening to Gore makes me dumber. If it makes you feel better hug a tree and and sing we all love Gore. Now can you get back to domains or do you still need a hug?

PS. I'm not Bush supporter by bashing Gore nor Vice Versa, if Bush makes a video about the climate I would say the same things so it's not a Bush Vs. Gore thing. I'm anti-political celeb equally.

Just to be clear about "people who get off topic because they let their emotions cloud their comments"....YOU are the one who started that in this thread. If anyone wants proof all they have to do is go back and review the postings you made. Now,try to wiggle your way out of that proof...lol
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom