• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

closed Appraisal: chromeguard.com offer for xxxxxx

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I sold vocabulatorized.at for xxx,xxx so anything is possible you know. ;)
 
GT Web said:
Whois hasn't changed...and even if he sold it I can guarantee the price was under $100.

Very Fishy!!

1. Whois hasnt changed

2. Allan Mooney owns :http://www.ebizbrokers.com
Address:
eBizBrokers, Inc.
60 State Street, Suite 700
Boston, MA 02109

3. The phone number listed on chromeguard.com says call allan at:612-598-5865 but that is a Eagan, Minnesota land line number

4. Minnesota is a long way from Mass.

5. I called 612-598-5865 and some kid answered the phone "YO" I asked to speak to Allan and he said "WHO" and I said "Allan Mooney with ChromeGuard" and he hung up.

6. The site says to call with questions regarding the product but I was hung up on by some punk sounding kid.

7. He spending $xxx,xxx on a domain name but barely put up a 2 cents into the comming soon page. Lame as hell!

Really doesnt add up still

I did my research........
 
:I think this name was sold...probably to Allan Mooney (who is brokering names such as advertise.com and blogging.com) but not nearly for the price listed in this thread. Allan seems to know the industry quite well...and if the name had been offered for $60 just days earlier, I bet he would have found out.

Its not a horrible name...in fact, I quite like it. But selling it to a well known domainer and broker for 5000 times what you listed it for on a webmaster forum just days earlier...that's just a silly claim.

If I'm not mistaken a Broker takes a cut... It does not matter that the domain was for sale @ $60 the day before. The broker does not want 15% of 60. He probably has a specific budget and used most of it. 15% of 100,000 sounds real nice. Anyhow if its true or not I dont know....Hey pal if you make the sale and collect your money that's awesome! That's why im here! Congrats!!!
 
GT Web said:
Whois hasn't changed...and even if he sold it I can guarantee the price was under $100.

Had checked that, too. What a thread this was.

I agree that it's actually not a bad name. Almost as good as the plural.
 
No way in hell this name sold for anything more than $xxx. Why would someone pay 6 figures when it was for sale for like $40 bucks a few days earlier. If the name was for sale that cheap and someone came in and offered even $1k then the name would be sold in a second. Noone would just offer 6 figures for it, and they especially wouldnt have just let all the other extensions just sit there unregged before they offered the 6 figures. You dont offer 100k for a name that is on sale for 40 bucks, it makes no sense. This is obviously all a bunch of BS.
 
You know what?
I want to buy this name really.
I offer $ 50
Offer valid only a week.
 
GT Web said:
Whois hasn't changed...and even if he sold it I can guarantee the price was under $100.

Even as a "Coming Soon" page you would still use a SM or TM for the product.

:fencing:
 
This thread is getting crazy! We haven't heard back from sjp for at least a week now. I'm not going to arbitrarily close it, but is there a concensus to keep this open?
 
of course,I would like to know how the sell ends
 
aZooZa said:
This thread is getting crazy! We haven't heard back from sjp for at least a week now. I'm not going to arbitrarily close it, but is there a concensus to keep this open?

well my offer is serious if he did not sell it, I offer $50, no kidding.

So at least he can say it was sold.
 
maui said:
Methinks someone is smoking a bit too much wacky tobacky.
:smokin: Yep, or maybe not enough the good one... :biggrin:
 
GT Web said:
Someone call the phone number currently listed on www.ChromeGuard.com and say, "yo, can I speak to Shawn?"

:-)

Read my above post

"5. I called 612-598-5865 and some kid answered the phone "YO" I asked to speak to Allan and he said "WHO" and I said "Allan Mooney with ChromeGuard" and he hung up."
 
http://whois.domaintools.com/chromeguard.com
Administrative Contact:
shawn Pigg
+1.6788589703
2915 hampton valley dr
grayson, GA 30052
US

[email protected]

---------------------------------------------------

http://www.chromeguard.com/

If you would like to learn more about our Chrome Guard Products, please call Allan at 612.598.5865 or email us at [email protected]. Thank You!

---------------------------------------------------

Domain is LOCKED.

I'm skeptical, where is Shawn?

Could someone give him a call? lol Maybe he's the YO kid

I dont think a person selling a junk domain name to himself (or his second personality) for XXX,XXX is healthy. I could be wrong though.

Nice thread.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom