Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

closed NuclearAttack.com ... the value now? ... the value *after* a Nuclear Attack?

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lukeeales

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
What happened in London today is irrelevant to your name.

alex_d

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The tragic events of today, ( and all of the other tragic events of the past years ), for me, are much more important than domain names today. I lived in Central London, close to one of the stations that was bombed for over 25 years. I have family and friends there, and today was a day that made me realised what is important, and what isn't.

As for the name, I agree with the comment made about it being suitable for a movie or pc game. I cant see anyone wanting it if a nuclear attack ever did happen ( and I pray it doesnt ! )

gogeorge

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I saw chemicalattack.com for sale at buydomains.com

I think the names will be very hard to sell.

Domagon said:
thedomainster appraisal, and those similar, stating $x,xxx range may be right on afterall in light of the sad events that occurred earlier today (Jul-7th) in London.

An increasingly asked question is when will terror attacks go nuclear; it appears inevitable due to the global proliferation of nuclear materials.

Again, I welcome comments/appraisals regarding the value of NuclearAttack.com, especially considering the war on terror is now on the front burner again and foremost in people's minds.

Ron

Domagon

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It appears from that NuclearAttack.com consistantly brings out much emotion in people; understandably so.

That alone is good sign of a "winner" ... I've been looking at selling the domain, and am still seeking to ... but based on the feedback here and in PM/email, I get the feeling more and more this is a domain worth holding onto for awhile; develop.

Thank you everyone for the comments/appraisals - it's been very helpful.

Ron

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
The domain might be a "winner", however it's at least insensitive of you to capitalize on the current emotionally charged situation.

Blarian

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I don't see much resale value over $xxx, anyways...

I'd love to see it go to "good use" and have a memorial of the attacks that have happened in the past; rather than just reselling it based on value(if any) that has come out of these tragedies.

furca

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
In my opinion a domain is a domain, if he capitalizes on it, so be it, he's the one that owns it anyway.

Goodluck selling!

Gray

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
give Ron a break, you guys drew 1st blood over a simple request for an appraisal.

I wouldnt be on the computer if there was a nuke attack...and if I was I would goto radiationsickness.com

wrong way around, if your nearest capital city was bombed and your TV and Radio were out the internet is exactly where you would go.

The Internet was designed exactly to keep going even with large sections of it being down due to nuclear attack! A central beacon website like this domain could save lives. Don't hang the lifejacket salesman!

mark

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i have to agree with radistar on his last comment especially since we in the states have already gone thru 9-11-01 and now the tragic events in london. we don't help the image of the domain industry by attempting to capitalize on every disaster, natural or man-made, and should learn to draw the line somewhere.

fischermx

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You guys mean in the case internet survive AND the domain name system survive, too, right ?
Because one thing is surving the infrastructure, and another would be to survive the datacenters, who usually are on big cities ... and worse, the gtld servers ...where are they, btw, NY ?
Cause otherwise, we would be typing address on the location bar, not domain names.

MediaHound

Former DNF Admin
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
http://web.archive.org/web/20021030091123/www.wia.org/pub/root-servers.gif
http://www.icann.org/correspondence/root-map.gif
root-servers.gif

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
gogeorge said:
I think they need some more back up centers.

I think they need to get rid of nuclear weapons d:)

fischermx

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
As I told, they are in big cities, or near to big cities anyway.

Domagon

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The root servers, while important, can be easily replicated/cached in the event of disaster by ISPs/networks ...

It's the zones that folks need to be concerned about - many people assume TLDs are all somewhat the same in regards to the technical end of things - nothing could be further from the truth ... some TLDs are more reliable and far more redundent than others; .COM and .NET TLDs are among the best in this regard.

Ron

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ron,
Now, I will not get into the nitty gritty of the net.
and I know it is perceived as Nuclear proof.
the only gTLD sponsor that makes any type of a remote guarantee for this is PIR.
the whole think is BS.
electricity will fail in a nuclear attack. So...
you get the pic...
in *theory*, PIR (.ORG) has the highest resistance to this, even higher than .mil (in theory the highest is .int)
Where did I get my info from?
:)
do a little research.

Domagon

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I wasn't referring to surviving an all out WWIII nuclear attack, but rather pointing out the root servers, while important, are easily replicated/cached unlike zones, such .COM, .NET, .WS, .TO, etc, etc.

It's the zones one needs to look at - some TLDs are so "weak" in regards to configuration/redundency that even a run-of-the-mill, accidental fiber cut, etc could possibly knock them out.

Obviously, if there's an all out WWIII nuclear attack, the internet is basically toast; domains basically are worthless...

However, a more likely scenerio is that terrorists detonate some small nuclear device(s); dirty bomb(s) ... in that type of situation, the internet will most likely continue to function normally... and thus this discussion thread regarding the appraisal of NuclearAttack.com

Ron

Domagon

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just stumbled across this article below...

Al-Qaida's U.S. nuclear targets
http://worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=45313

Some folks here, understandably so, question the value that NuclearAttack.com has now / after an attack...

While scanning the article above, I just found a related domain (singular/plural) that may have much value, is easy for me to develop right now, and may actually help people be more aware / prepare for attack.

NuclearTargets.com

Thinking of creating a website listing potential targets along with help information, etc.

Welcome thoughts on the value of NuclearTargets.com

Thanks!

Ron

fischermx

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Is that real ???? I mean the article ...... :(

MrFlicks

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I would think that as horrible and shoxcking as ot may be that the domain is worth money if used correctly!

Pity the world has come to this and that people need to serch for such things though!

200$ + imho

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom