Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Question about value of 3 character domain name

Status
Not open for further replies.

hello1984

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi all. I recently grabbed a 3 character .net domain matching this pattern: letter number letter (dot) net

I'm not into this venture of domains like some folk here but I did lots of similar style searches and found not a single available .net or .com domain that followed the mentioned above 3 char pattern.

I grabbed it because I never owned a 3 char domain and always kinda wanted one, and I liked the number/letter combination. So I'm more than happy with it, but I do wonder cuz it seems there's no other domains matching that pattern still avail in .net... for .com obviously and .org i don't care / didnt' pay much attention.

What sort of rare find is this - if at all? With all the automation by hardcore folk my guess is not much but I'm curious....? Thanks for reading.

Also I can't edit my title but I wish I'd put rarity/value instead of just value!

Last edited:
Domain summit 2024

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Post the name! :smilewinkgrin:

Shane

Account Terminated
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well if you're trying to sell an air compressor controller or a cell phone.. You've hit the jackpot.

hello1984

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Haha I figured such. It just seems silly that like every letternumberletter dot net is taken but like 99% of them are used for nothing. What's the point at $10/per a year to hold a bunch of them? I just think i'll end up using it as some sort design / artistic outlet... Just another random home on the internet.. fitting for such a random domain.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's short and you can reach your site easily, plus it looks like a cute little emoji or emoticon to me hehe :cool:

Reg fee value, but a good little intro into the world of short domains nonetheless my friend. Enjoy :)

ps- with it having an 8 in it you never know when some chinese guy with more money than sense will come buy it for six figures randomly lol but don't count on it. :lol:

hello1984

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks!! Not my first domain - I find this stuff just plain fun. Yes a chinaman and perhaps a bipolar one on the peak of a manic phase!

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Haha I figured such. It just seems silly that like every letternumberletter dot net is taken but like 99% of them are used for nothing. What's the point at $10/per a year to hold a bunch of them? I just think i'll end up using it as some sort design / artistic outlet... Just another random home on the internet.. fitting for such a random domain.

Hi

here's my viewpoint, to the "what's the point" question:

it's about speculating that, "3 char .net domains will rise in value....some day."

an investment perspective may be:

renewal fee @ $10/yr x's 10 yrs = $100 in 2024/total investment per domain.
the challenge will/would be can you sell each above $100 or monetize them to be profitable in same time?

the other factor for those names is, will 3 char .ner, rise or fall in value, as you seek roi.

3 char .com went from being "available to register (pre-2002) to none, in a short time, once the mass-registrations for that category started.

now that all .net are gone, hopefuls are speculating same pattern will occur.

:)

imo....

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators