Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Show your guru domains

acronym007

Thankful!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
In a forum, OTHER THAN SALES THREADS, you are going to get opinions, thoughts, comments, etc... If you cannot take a little teasing, I suggest you NEVER post anywhere and not just in here but any forum. My post, for example, was a joke not cracking on anyone but many of us have been through this experience 1,000 times and it's a bit funny to see again. How many people are always initially enthusiastic, then things go sideways, fast. Go review the .mobi threads. In hindsight, I'm sure those guys get the teasing now. Thing is, this is a family, a community and many people have different ways of expression. This is not sales thread and it is not so strict as not to just joke a little so I recommend not being so stink'en sensitive, instead laugh and prove everyone wrong. Me, personally, I won't comment again once people get all sensitive. I'll just avoid it all. Best of luck to all the .guru's... Pun intended... :)

Domain Summit 2024

manyagem

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think we scared off the noobs with their shiny new .gurus.

No, not scared off, but somewhat bemused by the polarisation between those who think anything other than .com is dead in the water and those who feel there really are some opportunities in the new gTLDs. I picked up moneymaking.ventures and, yes, it's long and it's new, but it doesn't half roll off the tongue, what?

Interesting that Theo agreed with me that planning/personal/lifecoach .guru were appealing. I suspect someone on the staff at GoDaddy formed the same view, they were all available when I attempted to register them. Shouldn't there be some sort of law against insider trading in this business?

Ulysses

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Just got one, CheapCruise.guru

​

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I suspect someone on the staff at GoDaddy formed the same view, they were all available when I attempted to register them. Shouldn't there be some sort of law against insider trading in this business?

godaddy is not real time.

so they may have shown as "available" when in fact they were not.

BTW: though i wouldn't venture with it, "moneymaking.ventures" fits well

hawkeye

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
So what are you doing in here then?
Not berating the extension.

...nobody is personally critizing anyone other than you now criticizing me and that won't work out well for you so let it go.
oooohhh... :fear: I'm gonna get beat up..

And hommes, I don't remember, if fact I DIDN'T, criticize you! But, you got all ruffled up.. 'for some reason!!'

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
How are those .guru sales coming along ?
Wait. It's too early to ask.

Last edited:

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This is the problem with America today, it is too womanized(no offense to any women.. I love all the women :))
Damn! Did you really just say (type) that?

Question...is it protocol that if you say no offense then no one can claim they are offended? Just wondering.

Shane

Account Terminated
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I would like to end the .guru debate right here...

It turns out domain investors are making tens of dollars selling these domains.

Wait a minute, let's do the math.

39.99 registration fee + $19 Flippa listing fee + $50 featured listing fee = $108.99 total investment

Shit guys, he's still down $4.99.

Last edited by a moderator:

icedude

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Damn! Did you really just say (type) that?

Question...is it protocol that if you say no offense then no one can claim they are offended? Just wondering.

Yeah, let me delete that part, because women have no reason to be offended. They run the world! Hilliary Clinton 2016....

icedude

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

39.99 registration fee + $19 Flippa listing fee + $50 featured listing fee = $108.99 total investment

Hey beards, you forgot about commission... escrow fees(if applicable) and the cost to transfer the money..... Oh yeah, and the chance that the buyer does not pay... If this sale goes through for a decent amount, I am going to register some .guru's to find me some suckers... The guys that register these domains for $40 are not the suckers, just a gamble.... But, the guys that pay $xxx+ for a .guru are in a new class, I will call them, "Sucker-ish."

Shane

Account Terminated
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

Update: He's now up $41.01!

RTM.net

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Update: He's now up $41.01!

So, almost 40% EBITDA on that...

:) I learned way back that , except for ccTLDs and the original gTLDs that the rest was a cash grab by the registrars & 'euh' related entities.

(In my humble and also professional opinion)

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
This is the problem with America today, it is too womanized........ But, it just seems like you can not say a word without someone's feelings being hurt. "Oh, this is a thread for .guru's lover's, no one else allowed to post here." It sounds like something a 15 year old cheerleader would say!

I think it's pretty clear what the thread is about: post your .guru domains. Instead of respecting the OP who maybe had some reason to keep the thread clean, you chose to display plenty of written onanism.

In the good old days, a mod would have jumped in to clean this mess in a matter of minutes.

icedude

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I think it's pretty clear what the thread is about: post your .guru domains. Instead of respecting the OP who maybe had some reason to keep the thread clean, you chose to display plenty of written onanism.

In the good old days, a mod would have jumped in to clean this mess in a matter of minutes.

Aye Theo, since I have been a fan of your blog for years I will give you a pass and honor your valid points... Aye, I am actually about to reg some .guru's myself anyhow and find me some suckers on Flippa, so I have flipped to a .guru lover for now :approve:

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Aye Theo, since I have been a fan of your blog for years I will give you a pass and honor your valid points... Aye, I am actually about to reg some .guru's myself anyhow and find me some suckers on Flippa, so I have flipped to a .guru lover for now :approve:

But that's not the point. Honestly, I am interested to find out what others registered, instead of of digging into an endless exchange of polarized arguments.

icedude

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
But that's not the point. Honestly, I am interested to find out what others registered, instead of of digging into an endless exchange of polarized arguments.

OK lol.... Aye... People please resume posting of your .guru's :)

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
IcannTakesYourMoney.guru

GodaddyRobsYouBlind.guru

WhereDidIGoWrong.guru

IShouldHaveCutUpMyCreditCards.guru

DotMobiAllOverAgainButWorse.guru

HowToWasteYourMoney.guru

:cool:

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom