Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Show your guru domains

Domain summit 2024

EM @MAJ.com

Visit MAJ.com for domain forsale.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You misunderstood, read it again :)

DomainScoop.Com

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You misunderstood, read it again :)

I didnt misunderstood, I was just saying that to Biggie,why did he remove your name from post just because you were asking people to check the website, whats wrong with it, its not promoting, but showing off, that is what the thread title is, "SHOW OFF YOUR .GURU names " lol

BTW, i figured it Domains.guru, is a good name, good luck with it

EM @MAJ.com

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
All good.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I didnt misunderstood, I was just saying that to Biggie,why did he remove your name from post just because you were asking people to check the website, whats wrong with it, its not promoting, but showing off, that is what the thread title is, "SHOW OFF YOUR .GURU names " lol

BTW, i figured it Domains.guru, is a good name, good luck with it

yes, you did misunderstand, as you misread the note.

I did not remove his .guru domain

asfas

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
So how much is a .guru domain ? $40 / year ??

icedude

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
While ya'll registering all these new gtld's for $40+ a year. I hope ya'll had some money left over to get the ladies something nice for Valentine Day and got some booty :) If not, sad!

asfas

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Oh my ! Just fell victim to the .guru mania ! Got freehosting.guru for $30 . But I can't list it on Sedo - ineligible TLD !

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Some .guru hater is using this thread to spam my blog. Hey Jonathan, come out, come out wherever you are :D LOL

I never said "getahead.guru" is premium, so get over it.

Premium domains are: planning.guru, personal.guru and lifecoach.guru

manyagem

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
OK guys, no need to rub it in. So who wants to take it off my hands?

EM @MAJ.com

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
awesome site and the intro video is superb. Excellent marketing.

I registered these new gTLDS for marketing purposes, very cheap in my opinion. I've used the same concept for other extensions.
Of course I registered one or two for personal website ... Domaingang.com actually noticed it. :)

urlurl

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i wouldn't have thought many people would search anything to include guru in it (i have never) so i can't see the value in the name.

I invasion a guru to be someone sitting crossed legged in his pyjama's giving worldly advice. :hail::blah:

or

a dude wearing dark sunglasses, gold chains, 70's shirt open half way down to show off his hairy chest giving love advise. :hat:

sorry, not to offend. its just how i see it

urlurl

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I do not understand the market for clothing or photograph. If it was photographer or photography, that would make sense and have a much larger audience. But photograph? Clothing is such a small niche market...perhaps okay for a boutique shop that specializing in hemp clothing or the like would strike a few chords.

Plumbing is marketable and a much broader (even though it still a niche market) reach. It is a specialty profession and product. I see trucks and vans running all over the town with their plumbing name emblazoned on the sides.

I see lots of failure on the horizon with these gTLD's for so many reasons, most obviously so.

For me, the key is in the very first sentence...I do not understand the market for... Therefore I will stay clear. If I can not identify with the market, let alone understand the rationale behind such a launch, then I will stay clear.

.photo would have been 100% better - .photography is such a loooooong extension name

NostraDomainus

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Someone asked whom would use .guru for their business? Well, I do :)

I run a private Web design business (via Referral only) and, while holding the .com version of the same name, use the .guru version of the Business Name (which ends with the word 'Guru') to market toward clients, while including some SEO tools and other info. on the site too. (ie: Instead of Word1 + Word2 + Word3 .com, I use Word1 + Word2 . Word3 (saving 3 characters in the URL - hehe); Word3 being 'Guru')

Works like a Charm!
(However, as noted elsewhere, .guru (and other new extensions I assume) are having difficulty being used (as an e-mail addy) with some Websites when Registering for accounts. ex: Twitter)

EM @MAJ.com

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Use @gmail.com for email should be ok.

As I shared in the past. I used .guru for personal and business.

NostraDomainus

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well, yeah, use most any other established .extension for any email one might have - gmail.com or otherwise. (Personally, I find Hotmail/Live/Outlook not as reliable as before in using these MS services.) mail.com is funny with all it's options.
I am sure Twitter, as others did and continue to do, will catch-up with the new explosion in possible e-mail domain extensions.
If not, no worries - as we all know, the number of email addies to use is virtually endless :)

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators