Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Show your guru domains

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i got the confirmation from godaddy that my name servers were going to be updated (a change i made to have it on my server).

as for data-mining...yup. saw it with my own eyes. reg'd a domain that said was $39.95 then when i accessed my cart, it said that the domain was no longer available. when i tried to pick it up again, the price increased to $199.00.
Precisely what I had mentioned earlier. They are mining names that are searched. Then, they increase the price. Don't be shocked if you see it (or another) soon blossom from 39.99 to 399.99.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
OK, folks, I think the .guru jokes are getting old.... Because, there will be some people posting their .plumbing, .clothing, .photograph, and .singles domains soon... Those are much funnier than .guru... LOL :)
I'll put a few dollars into Seoul.singles any day. One city with a population of nearly 10.5 million people.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
OK, folks, I think the .guru jokes are getting old.... Because, there will be some people posting their .plumbing, .clothing, .photograph, and .singles domains soon... Those are much funnier than .guru... LOL :)
I do not understand the market for clothing or photograph. If it was photographer or photography, that would make sense and have a much larger audience. But photograph? Clothing is such a small niche market...perhaps okay for a boutique shop that specializing in hemp clothing or the like would strike a few chords.

Plumbing is marketable and a much broader (even though it still a niche market) reach. It is a specialty profession and product. I see trucks and vans running all over the town with their plumbing name emblazoned on the sides.

I see lots of failure on the horizon with these gTLD's for so many reasons, most obviously so.

For me, the key is in the very first sentence...I do not understand the market for... Therefore I will stay clear. If I can not identify with the market, let alone understand the rationale behind such a launch, then I will stay clear.

asfas

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I do not understand the market for clothing or photograph. If it was photographer or photography, that would make sense and have a much larger audience. But photograph? Clothing is such a small niche market...perhaps okay for a boutique shop that specializing in hemp clothing or the like would strike a few chords.

Plumbing is marketable and a much broader (even though it still a niche market) reach. It is a specialty profession and product. I see trucks and vans running all over the town with their plumbing name emblazoned on the sides.

I see lots of failure on the horizon with these gTLD's for so many reasons, most obviously so.

For me, the key is in the very first sentence...I do not understand the market for... Therefore I will stay clear. If I can not identify with the market, let alone understand the rationale behind such a launch, then I will stay clear.

It's .photography , isnt' it?

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Nodaddy is not a good place to check domain availability. If it's like the other extensions, then just because it says "available" and it's in your cart doesn't mean it's definitely yours.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
UseMonikerBulkSearch.guru :)

EM @MAJ.com

Visit MAJ.com for domain forsale.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Nodaddy is not a good place to check domain availability. If it's like the other extensions, then just because it says "available" and it's in your cart doesn't mean it's definitely yours.

Hi Katherine,
I registered mine from NeedName.com (Enom Technology Partner) got it instantly. Make sure you confirm the email notification right away so you don't have any problem later on. This is the new RAA requirement for new domain registration.

I registered some .guru for personal use and for business use e.g. www.domains.guru to expand NeedName.com products and services

Cheers.

Shane

Account Terminated
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi Katherine,
I registered mine from NeedName.com (Enom Technology Partner) got it instantly. Make sure you confirm the email notification right away so you don't have any problem later on. This is the new RAA requirement for new domain registration.

I registered some .guru for personal use and for business use e.g. www.domains.guru to expand NeedName.com products and services

Cheers.

You own domains.guru?

manyagem

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I do not understand the market for clothing...Clothing is such a small niche market...perhaps okay for a boutique shop that specializing in hemp clothing or the like would strike a few chords.

I picked up wetweather.clothing but only because we've had record rainfall here in the UK. Is there a better reason?

EM @MAJ.com

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes. Check it, it's live.

I just checked some domains.extensions still available for grab.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shane

Account Terminated
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

It's a premium domain by the way.

How in the world did you get it? The design is pretty good, although I'm experiencing some trouble when scrolling through the pages.

EM @MAJ.com

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
People busy complaining about .guru while I'm busy getting a quality keyword domains hand-reg. :)

EM @MAJ.com

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Excellent domains to market business products and services. Resell is a bonus.

EM @MAJ.com

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
How in the world did you get it? The design is pretty good, although I'm experiencing some trouble when scrolling through the pages.

Wait to load 5-10 marketing pages.
Thank you.

Shane

Account Terminated
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

I just checked some domains.extensions still available for grab.

I was surprised to see the number of available domains.extension. You'd think that would be some of the first domains to get registered.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
ShakesHead.guru

MobileDesigner

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
kind of happy that i lost that .guru domain. i would have no idea who would buy that. if it were mobile.guru, thats a different story. i think the other .BB domains could be a hit. not all or most, but some.
i remember back in the .mobi days there was a lot of disagreements. looking at the .BB list, .mobile is coming. when you do a search like "website.mobi", only 188,000 results come up. but if you search "website.mobile", 4,200,000 results are shown.
i think it depends on the keywords and not the extension. but .com is the best hands down. but with all the .coms taken, the only ones available worth regging would be with the new .BB extensions. choose wisely and don't reg while drunk

Shane

Account Terminated
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
In my opinion, the only way a new gTLD could make it is through heavy regulation.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom