• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

closed www.incometaxes.com

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.
why such a name, 2 words name, would worth that much?

Can anyone explain this to a non-native English speaker?

Thanks
 
Two words is often necessary to describe the web site. The word 'income' does not adequately describe 'incometax'. Therefore why would you waste money on a one word domain that would never fit your project. However, if the word was 'tax' its probably ok to pay more in this case!
 
It is obvious that incometax.com is worth much more than incometaxes.com I feel like the overture count its inflated a little but the domain should receive around 30 to 40 uniques per day.
on another note those are his declared stats a few months back
2006 April ----2,400
2006 March -----3,204
2006 February ----5,708
2006 January -------4,551
weird that in march the uniques are actually lower than in february.
on the other end here he states that he does not have any traffic stats:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...10038097768&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MESE:IT&rd=1
So he is lying at least once.
But he will reply that the domain gets around 300 uniques per day and 1500 uniques per day during tax season.
So he is caught lying twice.
Anyway I dont see why he needs to be so evasive with such a nice name.
If the traffic was 300 to 1400 uniques per day I would gladly pay his buy it now price.
but I hardly beleive in it.
Anyway its really hard to make a judgment based on the inconsistency of the sellers.
 
what are you talking about?

I had an Italian financial community making no money or very little with ads since 2000 and we had an average of 1000 uniques daily.....and now the domain is in a vegetative status because my business partnert cheated me but he does not know of domains at all.
It was a PR4.
Don`t tell me that if I get it back you`d pay me more than 20k ?
 
Geeeeeeeeeee that guy has got some of the best domains on the market,WOW
 
So how come domainrealty.com and incometaxes.com have completely different owners (as seen in whois)?
 
wow..I think thats one of the best portfolios I have ever seen
 
it's a great domain, we all agree on this..it's just a matter of all the misinformation that seems to go along with all the statements in your sales and offers..beyond that it is top gem name.
 
:everyone gets all humble:
 
This domain is worth traffic and revenue only, that's it. It will not be developed by a big-time player in the business. It's to easily remembered as incometax.com. Income tax is both plural and singular, easily trumping this domain in any kind of branding effort.
Not saying I wouldn't want to own it. But it will likely be parked it's entire life.
 
He said it's worth 180k, because it's the low on sedo's Appraisal of it. That is bull and tells you, he don't know what he is doing.

I can tell you what the domain is worth, it's only worth the highest price some one is willing to pay for it. Not what any Appraisal says, and anyone that cliams a Appraisal is so right, don't know what they are talking about, ad to that he ask for a Appraisal right here why if he is so sure.

I'll stand by my Appraisal of 10k to 50k, if the owner can sell it for more and shows me. Then I'll admit I was wrong about it, it's still at $14,100 on ebay, it's fairly smiple to say a domain is worth so much. And some thing else to actly get that much for it, it sounds a lot like he trying to get us to believe sedo Appraisal like we don't know any better.
 
It's worth 60 months parked revenue. No guessing or appraising needed.
 
The highest end bid was $25,100 on it on ebay, but it did not reach the reserve price.
 
I think if you get $180K thats good...but not great. On helluva generic domain name here!

I think the bar should be raised to a minimum of $250K. Anyone who can afford it would "write it off as a business expense".

Good luck and keep us abreast. Actually, I'm not a breast so just keep us informed. Too damn sleepy...:greensleep: corny jokes.

Happy non denominational, non descript, non offensive, politically correct, non gender biased greeting and salutation in reference to a special day of the year to all; and to all...nite nite.
 
I want to thank all of you guys! For ideas, and wish you Merry Christmas! G.O
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom