• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

closed Appraisal: chromeguard.com offer for xxxxxx

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You will learn. This industry is full of B.S. The importance of pointing it out becomes more clear when you understand the motivation behind the B.S.

One of the values of a forum is many different people with many different skills and experiences can be more successful at sniffing out B.S.
 
Wow, only had time to read the first few posts, but i'm amazed at how much some people manage to sell their domains for (!). I doubt 'd ever be lucky enough to sell a domain for anywhere near this much :( .... congrats to the seller!!
 
phatdomains said:
Wow, only had time to read the first few posts, but i'm amazed at how much some people manage to sell their domains for (!). I doubt 'd ever be lucky enough to sell a domain for anywhere near this much :( .... congrats to the seller!!

I guess you only read the first 2 pages... :-)

Boy did you miss alot :heh:
 
RsL said:
I breezed through this, avoiding most of the trash talk.

Simply put. What does it matter?

Thread Starter: "What does it matter if they believe you?"

Doubters: "What does it matter if you doubt? It does not change reality"

Bank Account: "What does it matter if the moneys there?"

Is the Domain worth it? To the right person, yes. So if someone gives you their word on something, congratulate them. DO NOT judge people based on hear-say.

If you don't like what you read. Stop reading it.

I won't be in this thread again, not even to read responses. Just hope people grow up and stop feeding on doubt, drama, and degradation.

Nuf said.

So lets not bother with a forum. Lets all do nothing. :confused:
 
sjp said:
I just learned how to point a site to another site, after 6 years of doing this.

Shawn

Oh please! Don't try too hard to make yourself seem like a complete newbie.

Kind of funny though.. How you can train These big companies, have articles and books about your success, bought and sold domains, but have no idea in the world on how to change a dns.
 
italiandragon said:
chromeguard? xxx,xxx ?

I`m confused.....

is it a really good meaning in English?
Thank you


I said I was confused....:suspicious:
 
Its a good name but I doubt anyone would ever pay that amount for it, be easier and cheaper to get a different domain and advertise it in newspapers and on TV.
 
I have to disagree - If Turtle Wax came out with a product called "ChromeGuard", they wouldn't hesitate to pay 6 figures for this name. I've read this entire thread, and although it sounds like the seller is full of it (since I didn't see him try to rebut the folks saying he was lying), the name is worth what someone will pay for it - and 6 figures to secure even a good name is peanuts to MANY companies.
 
Word Mark CHROMAGARD
Goods and Services IC 019. US 001 012 033 050. G & S: BUILDING MATERIALS FOR DECKS, PLAYGROUNDS, AND BOARDWALKS, NAMELY, NON-METAL PLANKS, COLUMNS, RAILS, POSTS, STAIRS, STAIR TREADS, BEAMS AND JOISTS; NON-METAL DOOR JAMS; NON-METAL WINDOW AND DOOR SILLS; VINYL AND WOOD SIDINGS; AND NON-METAL ROOFING PANELS
Standard Characters Claimed
Mark Drawing Code (4) STANDARD CHARACTER MARK
Design Search Code
Serial Number 78515104
Filing Date November 11, 2004
Current Filing Basis 1B
Original Filing Basis 1B
Published for Opposition September 20, 2005
Owner (APPLICANT) CORRECT BUILDING PRODUCTS, LLC LTD LIAB CO MAINE 15 MORIN STREET BIDDEFORD MAINE 04005
Attorney of Record John H. Weber
Type of Mark TRADEMARK
Register PRINCIPAL
Live/Dead Indicator LIVE

Is that close enough to be concidered a tm, or is would this name be concidered generic? somone at GFY said it is a TM, but I disagree.
 
I doubt any company would pay that, turtlewax wouldn't pay that for a name as their products sell in shops
 
As another member stated...so what.

I don't see the fuss over any of this. Who cares either way. Do you think that because he made a statement about a $xxx,xxx sale that suddenly his portfolio is getting tons of bids? Please...we all know that's not how it works.

If he is lying so be it. If he is telling the truth then what does it matter as well.

imho the name could very well sell for $xxx,xxx. It's a very marketable product name for a niche market that has an incredibly large user base. If chromeguard was a new product by a company then they would want this domain. Either way it's not like if he gets the money that we share any of it. And if he is boasting/lying then really how does it effect us at all?

This isn't the Domainer's Enquirer here. Conduct business and move on that's my opinion.
 
No one would pay $###,### for a domain that had TM issue. Let alone a TM filing 2 years before they bought the domain.
 
From that TM registration above I don't see anything as a product for Chrome/Metal protection against rust, weather, or damage. It's quite possible that a product could be released called Chrome Guard that is outside the aboce TM description. The listed TM appears to be for metal constructions not metal additives which I do believe the TM office would allow as a seperate distinction.

Now I am not saying I believe the seller of the domain I just don't really care. However I don't see the TM listed above as proof of anything.
 
Exactly what I said in a couple posts above... Let this guy prove himelse before anyone makes any quick EASY remarks about him
 
I think this name was sold...probably to Allan Mooney (who is brokering names such as advertise.com and blogging.com) but not nearly for the price listed in this thread. Allan seems to know the industry quite well...and if the name had been offered for $60 just days earlier, I bet he would have found out.

Its not a horrible name...in fact, I quite like it. But selling it to a well known domainer and broker for 5000 times what you listed it for on a webmaster forum just days earlier...that's just a silly claim.

Isn't the point of this forum to discuss things...isn't that what a "discussion forum" is for?
 
Yup, this is a discussion forum. If anyone's bored, they can unsubscribe to this thread.
 
what happened? were you successful to secure the sale? cheers
 
422 posts on the forum too, why do that and ruin your reputation!
 
This is exciting. Almost make the Dutch Tulip craze seem tame.

I said almost.

IMO -

Even Turtle Wax ( Johnson Wax is the parent, right) wouldn't pay xxx,xxx for a recently registered, previously unused ( in the industry) DN.

I don't disbelieve the gentleman, however, when the IRS stops by for thier cut - under the new Patriot Act rules the bank contacted them immediately - he will have some serious liability.

I would think, based on my experience, that the buyer would have completed the site before a press release. Press releases drive business traffic. A xxx,xxx DN is just not an investment for "later".

If the seller did sell this site, no matter what the profit - Congratulations !

As another poster noted - There is a market out there, that's why we are in here.

Best of luck to all - Let's see some documented $xxx,xxx sales. Maybe even a new forum section - the xxx,xxx plus forum. Tell us how you did it - we need to learn.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom